Thursday 10 May 2012

Understood

For all those introverts and internal processors out there, who think a million thoughts before they say a single word. I hear ya!

You don't speak
Just to fill the silence.
Words come easy
But don't get wasted.

Often your eyes
Communicate your thoughts
And speech
Is only secondary

As for me
Words get in the way
Or can't be found
Amongst the clutter and dust

Rather than resting
While they emerge
I stumble about
And add to the mess

But with you
I won't worry
'Cos you patiently wait
As I look around

When I catch them
At last
I hold them
Tight in my grasp

But before I let go
And release them aloud
You already knew
What I was trying to say

1 comment:

  1. Very sincere and beautiful prose, it reads like a million thoughts occurred before a word was written down.

    ReplyDelete